Are you a science buff who’d love to run a fun and profitable business based around your passion?
Franchise Type: Children’s Activities
Franchise Fee: £4,995
According to a recent Ofsted report, science is increasingly being de-prioritised in primary schools in favour of Maths and English. The study was published as part of Ofsted’s new strategy to conduct its own research into education. It showed that primary school pupils, in particular, were at risk of having science lessons culled in favour of early exam preparation.
At the most risk is the time taken to perform practical experiments and, as children are naturally curious, primary school science should nurture this curiosity by enabling them to experience, first-hand, how science works, learn to investigate and solve problems and discover why science is important in the world.
However, where primary schools often lack the time, resources and expertise to deliver practical and engaging science lessons to their pupils, this represents a fantastic opportunity for our new AFA member, Fun Science, to fill this gap.
What is Fun Science?
Fun Science specialises in providing science-themed birthday parties, workshops, after school clubs and holiday clubs to kids aged 3-11 across the UK. Their aim is to foster a life-long passion for science in children, through hands-on activities and investigation. Fun Science franchisees gain an incredible amount of satisfaction from seeing children grow to love science, whilst generating a significant profit for themselves. With low start-up costs, this is a franchise where you can make money right from the start and thoroughly enjoy your work at the same time! The life of a Fun Science franchisee is never dull and every day is different. One day, you could be showing children how to make edible poo and the next, you could be building a robot!
Fun Science was founded in 2011 by Cressida Bullock, a Biology graduate from Bath. Spotting an opportunity to make science more engaging and accessible to children, she began offering hands-on, science-themed birthday parties. Cressida soon expanded the business to include school clubs, holiday clubs and workshops to children aged 4-10, which were extremely well received.
The first Fun Science franchise was launched in 2014 and there are now twelve branches running across England, Scotland, America and Switzerland.
As a Fun Science franchisee, you will have the flexibility to choose your working hours and will receive all the resources you need to run parties, workshops, holiday clubs and after school clubs.
The franchise package
Fun Science offers a fantastic opportunity to run your own, science based business. With a low set-up fee and modest, monthly maintenance fees of £150 per month (rising to £250 per month in your third year), there are no hidden costs. And, unlike some other franchises, Fun Science doesn’t take a percentage of your turnover and you’re under no obligation to purchase replacement equipment or materials through them.
Some of the benefits of a Fun Science franchise are as follows:
- An exclusive territory, containing at least 50,000 children aged 5-11, and the option to expand to more areas in the future
- Full start-up package, including Van de Graaff generator, chemicals, glassware, uniform, robot building equipment and much more.
- Access to lesson plans, contracts, health and safety documents, data protection policy, risk assessments, child protection documents and accident reporting forms
- Help and support at every step of your business journey, including full start-up training, help with getting bookings, assistance with employing staff and support with any issues (e.g. child protection concerns, employment disputes etc.)
- Your own space on the Fun Science Search Engine Optimised website and @fun-science.org.uk email address
- Access to user-friendly booking system
- Instant accreditation by the Children’s University
- Your own branch-specific marketing materials, including leaflets, business card and social media icons
- Use of shared marketing materials, including promotional videos, photos, sample adverts, posters, flyers and social media banners
- Access to franchisee Facebook group, enabling you to swap advice and get support from fellow franchisees.
It takes a really special sort of person to run a successful Fun Science franchise. You’ll need to be enthusiastic and energetic, with a natural ability to work with children and, ideally, some experience of this. You’ll also be expected to have a basic understanding of science, although you will receive full training.
The Fun Science franchise opportunity suits (but is not limited to) graduates, parents, teachers, childminders or tutors who are looking to run an exciting business.
Most of all, you will need to possess a genuine enthusiasm for entertaining and education children, in order to create the scientists of the future!
If you think this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, Fun Science would love to hear from you! Visit https://fun-science.org.uk/franchise or contact Cressida Bullock:
Tel: 07708 214 840